The purpose of this program is to create an opportunity for individuals who are interested in further exploring and expanding their knowledge within the areas of theology and spirituality. A variety of topics will be covered with the hope that participants will be able to reflect, discuss, and grow within the context of a learning community.
The format of the day will include opening and closing prayer, presentations, time for personal reflection, and small and large group sharing.
In an effort to make this a deep and rich experience, participants are asked to:
- make a commitment to attend all 6 sessions
- complete required readings. one book will be required for the program, and there will be selected articles relating to presented topics.
- receive spiritual guidance monthly, starting in June. We can assist you in finding a spiritual guide. You will be responsible for paying the spiritual guide directly, and this is not included in the program’s cost. Most guides charge between &50 and $100 per session.
- keep a journal for the duration of the program
- create practices, rituals, or habits for yourselves that will complement your learnings and create opportunities for your own inner awareness and transformation, for example, regular walks in nature, regular quiet time/meditation, centering prayer, and social justice outreach. Use your journal to reflect on how these impact you.
- complete a 2-3 page reflection paper at the end of the program
Topics will include:
- What is Spirituality?
- An Introduction to the Universe Story and its Gift to Us
- Who or What is God
- Life Transitions and Transformation
- Sources of the Sacred – How we connect with the Divine
- Global Justice for the Spiritual Journey
Siena Retreat Center will offer a bi-monthly 6-session workshop on Wednesdays in June, July, and August, from 9:00 am-3:30 pm CT.
The dates are June 21 and 28, July 12 and 26, and August 2 and 16.
Cost-$540 (lunches and a non-refundable deposit of $80 dollars is included)
(overnight accommodations and other meals are available for an extra fee)
Facilitated by Annette Jo Giarrante, Sr. Rita Lui OP
You can register and pay online by clicking the register button on the right, by calling the front desk at 262-898-2590 with a credit card number, or by mailing a check made out to “Siena Retreat Center.” Payment must be received to complete registration.
Please register by Monday, June 5. By registering early, you assist us in providing quality organization and administration of our retreats and programs. We want to be fully prepared for your arrival with adequate staffing, supplies, room arrangements, and meals. We make every effort to avoid canceling retreats and programs. However, most of these events require a minimum enrollment to move forward. Registering early can help assure that the retreats and programming you look forward to participating in can happen.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page for information on our health and safety protocols.